P & R
When Shall These Things Be? A Reformed Response to Hyper-Preterism
- Keith A. Mathison
"Full Preterists." contending that all biblical prophecy was fulfilled in the first century, have gained an avid following for their eschatological views. But does their zeal for the past fulfullment of all prophecy do justice to the full promise of Scripture concerning the end times?
- Has the Great Commission been fulfilled?
- Has Christ finally returned?
- Are we now living in the new heavens and new earth?
- Have death and hades been thrown into the lake of fire?
- Is there no future bodily resurrection?
This volume critically examines the views of Max King, Timothy King, Ed Stevens, John Noe, and others on such issues. Keith Mathison enlists the scholarship of Kenneth Gentry, Charles Hill, Richard Pratt, Simon Kistemaker, Douglas Wilson, and Robert Strimple to affirm Christ's future return, the resurrection of our bodies, the final judgment, and our eternal hope.
- 354 pages
- © 2004
- ISBN 9780875525525