This is a book about an evil age. Specifically, it is about "the present evil age" that we live in right now. For many Christians, the expression "these last days" refers to the time right before the second coming of Christ—but according to the apostles, the last days started with the first coming of Christ and continue even today.
How do we biblically understand our time as the final age of world history? What does this mean for our faith?
Reformed Christians have often avoided the field of eschatology—but it was this doctrine of history that thrilled the first disciples. They realized that with the coming of the "last days" they had entered the time of the kingdom, and this understanding will strengthen our faith too.
Here the Philadelphia Conference on Reformed Theology addresses this important topic. Together some of the most gifted communicators of God's Word explain the Christian's view on life, death, and the hereafter.
- Sinclair Ferguson - The Christ of History
- D. A. Carson - This Present Evil Age & Partakers of the Age to Come
- Alistair Begg - The Age of the Spirit
- Michael S. Horton - The Resurrection Hope
- J. Ligon Duncan III - The Eternal Glory
- Cornelis P. Venema - The Four Main Millennial Views
- Richard D. Phillips - A Pastoral Guide to Life after Death
- Jeffrey K. Jue - Evangelical Eschatology, American Style
- Paul David Tripp - The Radical Implications of Eternity