John Bunyan’s famous work, The Pilgrim's Progress is, next to the Bible, the most popular book ever published. It has been widely distributed the world over since originally published in the 17th century. But many aren’t familiar with the story in it’s original form or it’s famous author and his life story. Master Books is now making available this exquisite reproduction of this 125-year-old historical compilation manuscript in it’s original 860-page entirety.
This masterpiece will become an instant family heirloom, introducing entire generations to the pilgrims’ spiritual journey to truth. This hardcover edition was originally published in 1876. Over 125 years later, Master Books has re-created this valuable and rare heirloom with today’s modern technology, but kept the original look and feel by painstakingly scanning in high-resolution every page of this 860-page tome - historic look and all!
The Pilgrim’s Progress appears in the original large print inside this new edition, creating an easier reading experience for all ages. Not since the 19th century, has this collection of “Bunyan Classics” been available or accessible to anyone and everyone today. This classic edition has been painstakingly reproduced in it’s complete form and includes such rare treasures as:
- John Bunyan's personal memoir
- His last sermon--preached in the year 1688
- His personal account of his life before he accepted Christ
- His time spent in prison for preaching
- Over a dozen beautifully detailed artistic etchings that visually narrate special scenes
Included Are Nine Historical Books Written By and About John Bunyan:
- THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS: (Page 1 - 376) The most popular of more than sixty books published by the prolific author John Bunyan. This popular and powerful book has been published more than any other book in history, outside of the Bible.
- THE HOLY WAR; (Page 377 - 684) A discourse of trial made by Shaddai upon Diabolus, for the Regaining the Metropolis of the World; or, the losing and taking again of the Town of Man-soul.
- GRACE ABOUNDING TO THE CHIEF OF SINNERS; (Page 685 - 688) A detailed and faithful account of the Life of John Bunyan including his imprisonment, recovery and conversion to becoming a faithful follower of Jesus Christ.
- THE IMPRISONMENT AND RELEASE OF JOHN BUNYAN; (Page 689 - 703) --includes dialgoue with Dr. Lindale and the Justices; examination by the Justices, and by Mr. Cobb, the clerk of the peace; interview with his wife and Judge Hale.
- BUNYAN’S DYING SAYINGS (Page 704 - 767) --Of sin; of affliction; repentance and coming to Christ; of prayer; Lord’s day and daily duties; love of the world; of suffering; death and judgment; the joys of heaven and torments of hell.
- CHRISTIAN BEHAVIOUR; (Page 768 - 800) thoughts concerning true Christianity and how to walk so as to please God.
- THE BARREN FIG-TREE; (Page 801 - 830) thoughts concerning the doom and downfall of a fruitless life and the signs by which such miserable mortals may be known.
- BUNYAN’S LAST SERMON (Page 831 - 834) -Preached, July, 1688, from John 1:3.
- THE WATER OF LIFE; (Page 835 - 860) A discourse presenting the richness and glory of the Grace and spirit of the G
- 860 pages
- © 2005
- ISBN 9780890514405