Can science explain everything?
Many people think so. Science, and the technologies it has spawned, has delivered so much to the world: clean water; more food; better healthcare; longer life. And we live in a time of rapid scientific progress that holds enormous promise for many of the problems we face as humankind. So much so, in fact, that many see no need or use for religion and belief systems that offer us answers to the mysteries of our universe. Science has explained it, they assume. Religion is redundant.
Oxford Maths Professor and Christian believer John Lennox offers a fresh way of thinking about science and Christianity that dispels the common misconceptions about both. He reveals that not only are they not opposed, but they can and must mix to give us a fuller understanding of the universe and the meaning of our existence.
Introduction: Cosmic Chemistry
1. Can you be a scientist and believe in God?
2. How did we get here: from Newton to Hawking
3. Mythbusters I: Science
4. Mythbusters II: Christian faith
5. Can we really take the Bible seriously any more?
6. Miracles: a step too far?
7. Can you trust what you read?
8. How to disprove Christianity
9. The personal dimension
10. Entering the laboratory: testing the truth
- 128 pages
- © 2019
- ISBN 9781784984113